Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Salty with a little sweet

Well......here we go this is blog #1.  I figured I would just share a bit about my self and my thoughts on food.

We all have thoughts about what kinds of food we like, we don't like, foods we like to cook, and foods we would prefer to have someone else make.  Ever since we started to eat solid food our taste buds have been changing and evolving.  For example when I was a child I hated peas, so much so that my mother had to feed me peas with green jello in front of them on the spoon. I quickly learned though that I could just let the jello melt in my mouth and spit out the peas.  What can I say I love jello.  :P   Now though I enjoy eating peas: split pea soup, steamed peas, sauteed peas...the list could go on and on.

I also think that food brings people together, be it a family sitting down for dinner, a parent sharing the joys of cooking with their kid(s), or just writing about it and sharing recipes for people to read and comment about.  We all need food and why shouldn't we enjoy it at the same time.

A little about me now.  I am a 29 year old guy who just loves to be in the kitchen.  It is my stress reliever, creative outlet, and hobby.  A funny fact about me too is that when I am in a new area one of the things I like to do is visit the local grocery store.  I try to find the best ingredients that I can in my area and let the ingredients shine like they should.  My wife and I visit local farmers markets, produce stands, and farms among places.  This is going to be my place to share the recipies I  come up with, my thoughts about food, and my general ramblings.

Oh and about the name.  I am not a huge baker but my wife is so she will share some of her thoughts on baking and sweet things every now and again.

I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. This is great!!!! Can wait to see what you guys post!

    ReplyDelete